Kat von D recently became engaged to Jesse James, Sandra Bullock’s ex-husband.
For those who are curious, here are a few things you should know about Kat von D.
1. Kat von D’s real name is Katherine von Drachenberg. She was born in Mexico, to Argentinean parents. Kat’s father is of German descent. Kat grew up in Los Angeles and credits the city’s prominent Latino culture with having a major influence on her art and her tattoos.
2. Kat, 28 years old, is a world renown tattoo artist, in fact she’s one of the top female tattoo artists in the world. Kat has her own reality show LA Ink, which debuted in the US and UK in 2007.
3. Kat did her first tattoo at age 14, and got her first job in a professional tattoo shop at the age of 16.
4. Kat von D has known Jesse James since she was 22 years old. 6 months ago their friendship took a romantic turn. Jesse was only Kat’s 9th boyfriend.
5. Kat von D owns a high profile tattoo shop in Los Angeles called High Voltage Tattoo, where she tattoos celebrities, and other people. Appointment required in advance.
6. Kat is also an author. In 2009 she wrote a book entitled High Voltage Tattoo, which reached number 6 on the New York Times bestseller list. Kat describes the book as a picture driven outline of her career as a tattoo artist. It’s a compilation of her artwork and tattoos. Kat’s second book, released last October, is entitled The Tattoo Chronicles, and includesexcerpts from her “blood books,” journals she kept during the two years she dated musician Nikki Sixx.
7. Kat von D loves makeup, and launched her own line of vibrant cosmetics for Sephora.
8. Kat plays the piano, is obsessed with Beethoven and has a couple of portraits of the composer tattooed on her right leg. Jesse gave Kat a piano for Christmas.
9. Last November, a house fire destroyed Kat von D’s Loss Angeles home. Her beloved cat, Valentine, perished in the fire.
10. Although Kat von D loves children, she never plans to have any of her own. Kat says this is something she’s known since she was 7 years old.
*** © copyright 2011 Ruth Houston / All Rights Reserved.
Ruth Houston isa New York-based infidelity expert who is frequently called on by the media to comment on high profile infidelity and popular infidelity issues in the news. She is the founder ofwww.InfidelityAdvice.com, the author of Is He Cheating on You? – 829 Telltale Signs, and publishes the Infidelity News and Views blog. To interview infidelity expert Ruth Houston, or have her speak at your next event, call 718 592-6029 or e-mail [email protected]
For more about Jesse James and Kat Von D, about or Sandra Bullock, see
Jesse James and Kat von D Tweet their Love for Each Other on Twitter
Kat Von D and Jesse James Still Together – Are They Engaged? – The Inside Scoop
Has Jesse James Replaced Sandra Bullock with Kat Von D?
Sandra Bullock and Jesse James – Could Their Love for Each Other and the Children Reunite Them?
Sandra Bullock Should Take Jesse James Back – 11 Reasons Why
Will the Finalized Divorce of Sandra Bullock and Jesse James Mark the End or a New Beginning?
Jesse James is on a Mission to Win Sandra Bullock Back
Could you Be Duped into Dating a Married Man Like Jesse James Duped Michelle Bombshell McGee?
Sandra Bullock’s Strategy for Surviving Infidelity Can Help Other Women With Cheating Mates
Sandra Bullock – Jesse James Update
Will Jesse James’ Nightline Interview Convince Sandra Bullock to Take Him Back?
Like Jesse James, Sometimes Cheaters REALLY DO Want to Get Caught
Celebrity Infidelity Update – Sandra Bullock Files for Divorce from Jesse James and Adopts a Baby Boy
3 Things Tiger Woods and Jesse James Did That Are Common to Most Men Who Cheat on Their Mates
Could Your Cheating Husband or Boyfriend be a Sex Addict Like Tiger Woods or Jesse James?
For more articles on celebrity infidelity, visit www.CelebrityInfidelity.com