WWE Monday Night Raw aired on the USA Network on Monday, February 7, 2011 just as it does every week. And now I’m going to throw in my ten random thoughts and recollections from the night’s events.
Remember, we are on the “Road To WrestleMania” and that means things should be very interesting from here on out through the beginning of April. There’s also the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view (PPV) in two weeks so anything can happen.
- Seeing Vince McMahon back on WWE television for the first time in close to a year was great even though it was rather lackluster. The fans gave him a nice pop as they always do until he does something sinister.
- A WrestleMania guest host? Good God, I hope it this is something more successful than the guest hosts for Raw were before the anonymous general manager computer took over.
- Jerry Lawler is really getting a lot of ring time en route to his possible first ever Mania match. Conisdering his match against The Miz a few weeks ago wasn’t all that bad; the WWE Title match at Elimination Chamber could end up being really good.
- Give Daniel Bryan something worthwhile to do please. Same goes for Ted Dibiase. OH…Bryan is the United States champ, how about those two battle it out over that belt for a while? Let Maryse be the reason they’re fighting or something.
- The whole “2-21-11” thing is really intriguing and almost as interesting as the Y2J countdown over a decade ago. Rumors persist that Sting has not been contact by WWE and that he’s close to re-signing with TNA, but nothing is concrete yet. The guy in the videos looks to skinny to be the Undertaker who could return, but signs are pointing to him with the Old West theme and the grave song from Johnny Cash. Then again, the WWE could be trying to swerve us. No matter what, I’m loving it.
- CM Punk and his Nexus are one of the most entertaining things in all of wrestling right now. Throw in the fact that Punk went back over two years to explain his attack on Randy Orton and that is continuity at its best.
- A Mark Henry/Sheamus feud would be awful, but if Punk simply started the little “talking trash” rumor in order to get Henry to destroy Sheamus then…brilliant.
- John Morrison actually connected with the Starship Pain. Miracle of miracles.
- I like Alberto del Rio but the quickness with which he has ascended the ladder in the WWE is insane. Truly can’t recall the last time anyone did it so quickly.
- Was it just me or did the ending of Raw just…kind of happen? One second the New Nexus was about to destroy John Cena and then Cena turned Superman as always, but then it was just over. Weird.
For e-mail updates whenever a new article is posted, please subscribe at the top of the page and follow me on Twitter: @CapnDanny, GoogleBuzz, or join my group on Facebook and Celebrity Buzz.