The Road to WrestleMania XXVII is in full swing and the guest host was announced tonight and for the first time in a very long time…the WWE did not disappoint. So without further ado, let us get onto my 10 Recollections for WWE Monday Night Raw.
- IF YA SMELLLLLL-LALALALALALALA…what THE ROCK…is COOKING! For the love of all that is holy, the WWE did not disappoint when revealing the guest host of WrestleMania XXVII. After rumors of Justin Bieber and then “confirmation” of Bob Barker…The Rock coming back to WWE in any capacity is a good thing for the WWE and all of wrestling period. Best promo by any wrestler in ten years.
- CM Punk referenced Back to the Future II in his opening promo by spouting out “Grey’s Sports Almanac.” He gets closer and closer to esteemed greatness every week.
- I know that John Cena was hit in the face with a wrench, but wrestling fans have to realize that CM Punk did pin the Superman of the WWE cleanly this evening. It was a good match while it lasted, but no matter what…Punk pinned Cena 1-2-3.
- Hey…The Rock is back and he went straight to Cena. Making fun of “You Can’t See Me” and comparing him to the greatness of himself and Stone Cold Steve Austin. This…was…gold.
- Randy Orton‘s out of nowhere RKO is one of the premiere and mark out moves in all of wrestling, but it was ill-timed tonight. Sheamus was a beast this evening and that is especially true after the severe beatdown he gave Mark Henry earlier. But now he was destroying Orton for the whole match but then gets taken out with one move? Bad booking.
- The most likely final “02-21-11” video was shown tonight and they actually showed a blurred front shot of whomever the stranger is and I’ll be damned (and disappointed) if it doesn’t look like Undertaker. Maybe I’m reading too much into though, but I would swear I saw a scorpion (Sting‘s symbol) on the wall inbetween lightning flashes early on. Even played it back and it looked like it. Still…that guy shown really looked like Taker. Meh.
- I’m sorry to harp, but The Rock’s return was phenomenal. It was just perfectly played by WWE with the off hints then the female foot stepping out of the limo before turning all the lights down for that tremendous entrance. Now the question is…who WAS that female stepping out of the limo?
- The Divas match was just God awful and there was no reason to add the pointless stipulation of “Lumberjills.” Can’t wait for Awesome Kong to come out and just murder Eve.
- Interesting note as we approach Elimination Chamber this Sunday. Usually the final shows before the PPV have opponents at each other’s throats yet tonight all the Raw Chamber participants banded together as one to fight the Nexus. Hmmmm.
- Finally and once more, The Rock is back in WWE. Whether he never wrestles or only is here until WrestleMania, he has already made me care more about wrestling then I have in a good five years easy. His promo was flawless. His reactions were nostalgic. And the pop he got was louder than anything I’ve heard since both him and Austin retired. I truly felt like a man in his late teens and early twenties getting all excited about wrestling and truly paying attention. Hopefully now all those on the WWE roster can learn something while one of the true masters is back in the fold.
For e-mail updates whenever a new article is posted, please subscribe at the top of the page and follow me on Twitter: @CapnDanny, GoogleBuzz, or join my group on Facebook and Celebrity Buzz.