The latest episode of 19 Kids and Counting aired last night and fans learned one thing for sure – everyone loves Joy-Anna Duggar! The show focused on a train ride and ice cream party to celebrate Joy-Anna’s 13th birthday. The ninth Duggar child is sequestered among a sea of boys, including two older brothers and six younger ones. However, Joy-Anna remains very much a girl and is “pretty feisty,” according to her dad Jim Bob Duggar.
The episode began with Michelle Duggar loading up 17 of her 19 children and heading out to A&M Railroad, a line that was established in 1986 and operates a route from Monett, Missouri to Fort Smith, Arkansas. The home office is located in Springdale, home base to the super-sized Duggar family. The company provides freight to customers along its route and excursion passenger service between Springdale and Van Buren/Fort Smith.
Below is a description of A&M Railroad, as posted on its website:
Ride in style on our meticulously restored antique passenger cars, our first-class parlor car or the 1940’s Caboose, Lil’ Toot, we added in 2007. Relax as we wind through the river valleys, traverse high trestles, and cut into a quarter-mile tunnel. Our friendly and fun-loving conductors will enhance the journey with anecdotes about the area’s rich history, while tending to your safety and other needs.
While riding on the A&M Railroad in celebration of Joy-Anna’s birthday, the entire Duggar family took the opportunity to talk about the birthday girl. Here’s what they had to say…
- Jedidiah: “She still likes to get dirty.”
- Jason: “She likes doing the sweaty things.”
- Michelle: “She likes being a leader to all these boys under her, but then she gets to be the baby in the group of girls.”
- Josiah: “She’s starting to become more of an adult, a woman.”
- Jessa: “She’s a great sister. She’s always willing to help out when needed. We really love her.”
- Michelle: “She’s growing into womanhood. I see some changes. She’s going to be a good leader, but she’ll probably be a good follower too.”
After a staged train robbery complete with outlaws, the Duggar family continued the birthday celebration with an ice cream party. Interestingly enough, fans learned that the Duggar family consumes more than 75 gallons of ice cream per year.
Back at the ranch, Jim Bob Duggar stayed home to take care of Josie and Jordyn. He explained, “Josie still requires a lot of care.” However, he was delighted to report that Josie now says “Da Da” and that Jordyn loves to help out, even though she still can’t talk. “Jordyn is learning to serve even at an early age,” the father of 19 said during last night’s episode of 19 Kids and Counting. “Jordyn is so smart. She can’t talk yet, but she expresses herself in some unique ways,” he added.
Here are a couple of interesting tidbits about the Duggar family that were revealed during last night’s birthday episode.
- All 19 Duggar children use the same closet.
- The Duggar intercom system can be heard from every room in the house.
19 Kids and Counting airs every Monday night at 10:00 p.m. ET on TLC. Below are details of upcoming episodes:
- February 21st: Duggars Explore Central America. Jim Bob and 11 of the kids are headed to Central America to help serve those in need. But while the others are away, will Michelle be able to handle the seven youngest Duggars with limited help?
- February 28th: Duggars Make a Difference. Jim Bob and the kids make the most of their trip when they spend time with locals, speak with Honduran diplomats, visit Mayan ruins and even make time to sample authentic Honduran cuisine.
Do you love the Duggars? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on SUBSCRIBE, and you’ll stay up-to-the-minute with your favorite super-sized family.