OK brides-to-be, bookmark this page, for your full guide to the biggest bridal shows in town!
Differing Styles. What you should know is that all bridal shows are not created equally. There are 4 or 5 major bridal show organizers and planners in our area, and in addition, there are a number of smaller bridal shows held at local churches and even high schools. Each company runs their shows a bit differently, so I suggest trying different shows to see what you like.
Size Matters. Some are smaller shows, which may suit your needs better as they allow for a bit more one-on-one time with the vendors that are at the show. The larger shows, while more hectic and crowded, may provide you with more choices and sometimes better deals, since competitors at the shows are trying to best one another.
The Event Companies. Check out the websites for all of the major bridal show organizers in town: Brides-to-Be, Bridal Celebrations, Perfect Wedding Guide, Expert Expos, and Whimsical Occasions. On these sites, you will find detailed info on each upcoming show, as well as chances to register in advance for discounted prices.
With all of that being said, make sure you read this article, on how best to prepare yourself for a bridal show.
So here is the list of upcoming area bridal shows, along with the event planner running the show (2011 shows Jan.-May):
- 1/23 – Dearborn Inn – Bridal Celebrations
- 1/30 – Laurel Manor – Brides-To-Be
- 1/30 – Iroquois Club – Whimsical Occasions
- 2/13 – Barrister Gardens – Brides-To-Be
- 2/13 – Troy Marriott – Bridal Celebrations
- 2/12 & 2/13 (2-day show) – Bridal Expo 2011 at Suburban Collection Showplace (formerly Novi Expo Center) – Expert Expos
- 2/20 – The Palazzo Grande – Brides-To-Be
- 2/20 – Weber’s Inn, Ann Arbor – Whimsical Occasions
- 2/27 – The Sheraton, Novi – Brides-To-Be
- 3/6 – The Inn at St. John’s – Whimsical Occasions
- 3/6 – American Polish Cultural Banquet Center – Brides-To-Be
- 3/13 – Petruzello’s – Perfect Wedding Guide
- 3/20 – Four Points Sheraton, Ann Arbor – Brides-To-Be
- 4/10 – MacRays – Brides-To-Be
- 5/15 – Metropolitan Hotel, Detroit-Troy – Brides-To-Be
Subscribe to my Detroit Wedding Examiner column above for all the latest in wedding news and planning info!