It’s great to make your own aromatherapy concoctions. But sometimes it’s nice to just get something that’s pre-made and ready to go. Here are six of the best aromatherapy products to help you relax and stay calm when you’re super stressed out or just need a soothing pick me up.
Aura Cacia makes some wonderful aromatherapy mists made with a blend of purified water and 100% pure, natural essential oils. They provide plenty of scent without being overwhelming. I like to spritz them around me, on furniture and on pillows and sheets. They’re also great for spritzing in the car – much better than those stinky synthetic car fresheners.
These mists are made without synthetic preservatives, colors or fragrances, and are not tested on animals. Here are two favorites:
- Aura Cacia Renewing Rose Aromatherapy Spritz – Making your own mist with rose essential oil can get rather pricey with a small bottle of the oil costing $40 and up. This spritz gives you all the benefits of natural rose oil without having to fork down a ton of money. Rose is known for easing anxiety and grief and helps your home smell like a luxurious spa (available for $9 at health food stores and at auracacia.com).
- Aura Cacia Lavender Aromatherapy Mist – Lavender has long been used to calm nerves and help with insomnia. This mist brings together a blend of three lavender oils (available for $8 at health food stores and at auracacia.com).
Want to fill an entire room with the natural scent of relaxing lavender and not some synthetic? Try this:
- Aura Cacia Relaxing Lavender Home Aromatherapy Diffuser – Plug this diffuser into a wall socket to release a heavenly blend of pure essential oils. The predominant note is lavender; but they’ve complemented it with some other soothing oils, including chamomile, jasmine and rose (available for $15 at health food stores and at auracacia.com, refills are $7)
Want to soothe aching muscles at the end of a hard day while you indulge in the loveliness of lavender to help you get to sleep? Try this:
- Origins Bedtime Hug – This wonderful herbal wrap filled with rice and herbs eases tension with lavender essential oil and a touch of chamomile and rosemary. Leave it in the freezer for a little while for cool therapy or microwave it a couple minutes to warm you up. The combination of lavender and warmth definitely helps me fall fast asleep. The cover is removable for washing (available for $39 at Origins stores).
Fancy a more complex scent to calm frayed nerves? Try a fragrant blend from Intelligent Nutrients, the company headed up by Horst Rechelbacher, who founded Aveda. Their multi-function aromatics instantly bring down my blood pressure. They can be worn as a personal fragrance, added to massage oil and even spritzed into the hair to smooth flyaways, leaving behind a lovely aroma that won’t dry out hair.
These are certified organic, made with food-grade essential oils, not tested on animals and free of parabens, preservatives, phthalates, petrochemical-derived ingredients and synthetic fragrances. Here are two favorite blends:
- Intelligent Nutrients Innercalm Wind Down – Innercalm is a warm citrus with sweet orange, white grapefruit and mandarin mingled with tranquil floral notes of neroli and petigrain (available for $50 at Barney’s New York and at intelligentnutrients.com).
- Intelligent Nutrients Restore Urgent Care – Restore helps balance body and mind with a grounding, mildly spicy, exotic mix that is slightly reminiscent of incense. It brings together ravinstara, cinnamon, oregano, patchouli, rosemary, thyme and everlasting (available for $50 at Barney’s New York and at intelligentnutrients.com).
Related Reading: Learn more about how to use aromatherapy to de-stress and why natural ingredients are better.
(This article originally appeared on Hello Beauty.)