Alterna Caviar Anti-aging Dry Shampoo
What it is:
A talc-free dry shampoo that refreshes hair between washings.
What it does:
Extend your blowout and instantly refresh hair between washings with this talc-free, anti-aging dry shampoo formulated to gently absorb excess oil, product build-up, and impurities. This formula reenergizes hair, leaving it with a clean, touchable texture and a fresh scent.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
– Synthetic Dyes
The first and foremost reason why I got this dry shampoo was that it doesn’t have alcohol as one of the ingredients (almost all dry shampoos in the market have alcohol) and as you can see from the description above, this shampoo is also free of sulfates, phthalates etc. I have long, thick, dark brown hair that gets really dry at the ends and greasy at the roots. I don’t wash them everyday to protect my strands from the drying effects of shampoo so a dry shampoo is a must for me. I tried a few other brands like Klorane, Oscar blandi and Ojon before this one but none of them worked well for me either because of the strong smell or the white residue.
Pros of Alterna caviar dry shampoo :
· It doesn’t leave that dreaded white powdery look after brushing through (lightly apply to sections beneath the top layer of your hair and massage in the scalp with your fingertips)
· It soaks up oil at the roots well once you rub it in and gives clean looking hair for a couple of days (no more greasy bangs!)
· It has a very light and pleasant scent that isn’t overpowering but still helps to masks odor well.
· The product doesn’t irritate the scalp (and I don’t feel any product buildup or itchy feeling in my hair)
· Though a bit expensive, the bottle would last fairly long since you don’t need a lot of the powder to freshen up your tresses.
Cons of Alterna caviar dry shampoo:
· The bottle comes with a tip to dispense powder but you have to sprinkle carefully to avoid getting a huge dump of product on one spot. And since the powder is so fine, there is always a bit of fallout around. That said, I still find it more convenient than those aerosol nozzles that clog easily.
· While this dry shampoo definitely helps to freshen up your locks, it doesn’t enhance the volume so much. Personally, I don’t mind that since I already have thick (and sometimes poufy hair) but those with fine hair might prefer some more help with the volume.
I would definitely repurchase this dry shampoo again because it does a really good job of reviving my unwashed hair with a fresh scent. Available at Dermstore and Sephora for $20 for 2.65 oz bottle.
(This article originally appeared on BeautyTidbits)