The Super Bowl is a great time to gather family and friends to watch the big game, but feeding a mob can cost a small fortune. Plus, who wants to be in the kitchen when the action happens? These 2011 Super Bowl restaurant take-out deals and bargains in Atlanta take the bite out of costly Super Bowl entertaining.
Super Bowl Pizza Bargains and Deals in Atlanta:
- CiCi’s Pizza: A Super deal for Super Bowl! Take home three medium pizzas for just $9.99. Mix and match one-topping or specialty pizzas, including Zesty Pepperoni, Classic Chicken BBQ, Spinach Alfredo and more.
- Papa Johns: Papa John’s, which is in its first year of a multi-year sponsorship with the National Football League, is giving away a $45 gift card every 45 seconds and offering $10 large pizzas. Beginning at 10 a.m. EST on Super Bowl Sunday, every customer who places an order online becomes eligible to win. The giveaway runs until 9:59 p.m. EST. And if the championship matchup between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers goes into overtime, Papa John’s will give a free large pizza to everyone who registers for Papa Points.
- Pizza Hut: Pizza Hut says it expects to take more than 1.3 million pizza orders on Super Bowl day, a 60-percent increase over a typical Sunday. Its 120,000 U.S. employees who are working Sunday are expected to sell around 270,000 of its Big Dipper pizzas, a new offering with 24 strips and four cups of marinara sauce for $12. There’s also a $10 pizza deal for any large 3-topping or medium-sized specialty pizza.
- Dominoes: Buy any size pizza with any number of toppings for just $10.99 on game day. Pizza Tracker allows you to see exactly where your order is with mouse-to-house real time updating.
Wings, Ribs and More for Super Bowl Sunday:
- Whole Foods: The Big Game, Big Deal costs just $20 and includes a take-and-bake pizza, a bucket of wings, in-house guacamole, a six-pack of soda and tortilla chips.
- Shane’s Rib Shack: The $49.99 Game Day Package includes two meats and three sides, enough to feed a hungry family. The Game Day Package is served in a specially designed portable box developed to keep the food hot. Lemonade, tea, cookies, brownies and cobbler are available for an additional charge.
- Taco Mac: Taco Mac specializes in chicken wings, the perfect Super Bowl party food. Party platters range from $48.99-$52.99, serve 6-8 people, and include cutlery sets. Choose from original Buffalo wings, tenders, or boneless wings.
Grocery Store Deals for Super Bowl Sunday:
- Publix: Score savings on pork spare ribs, sale priced at $1.79 per lb. Bull’s-Eye Barbecue Sauce, a medium shrimp ring, Pepsi 12-packs and Lay’s Potato chips are all buy one, get one free.
- Kroger: Fire up the grill and save on pork baby back ribs, sale priced at $2.99 per lb. 10-100 ct. shrimp rings are on sale for 20% off. Plus, save $5 at the register when you purchase ten Game Day Greats. For list of items, click here.
TV Schedule for Super Bowl Sunday:
- Pre-game Show begins at 2:00 p.m. ET on FOX.
- Kick-off is at 6:28 p.m. on FOX.
To receive future articles by Jackie Kass, scroll to the top of this article, and click on SUBSCRIBE. Do you have a story idea? I’d love to hear from you! E-mail your ideas to me at email@example.com.