There are many products around our homes that we use in our daily lives. A great number of those products are toxic to our pets and should be kept out of reach. Our pets are very inquisitive critters and some of the most deadly toxins to our dogs are –
· Anti-freeze – As little as one teaspoon of this commonly ingested poison can be fatal for your dog. Because the anti-freeze has a sweet taste to it, dogs love it. Be sure to keep the anti-freeze stored in a safe dog-proof cabinet. Take care as well if your car may be leaking anti-freeze on the garage floor or driveway.
· Mouse and rat poison – It can be difficult when you have a rodent problem. We have to be cautious as to how we can control a pest problem without subjecting our dogs to the potential exterminating products such as the mouse and rat poison. One of the ingredients can cause a bleeding disorder, which is fatal to dogs. You must put any baits and traps completely out of your dog’s reach.
· Slug bait – In the summer months we may try to get rid of the slugs that are invading your yard and garden. An ingredient in the slug bait can cause uncontrollable seizures in your dog.
· Medications – A common problem with dogs and their pet parents is the dogs’ accidental access to their medications. We know how inquisitive our pets can be. It is imperative that all medications should be kept out of the reach of our pets. Human medications can be even more toxic as many of those medications should not be given to dogs at all.
· Insecticides – When it comes to fleas and ticks, be sure it is an approved product to give your dog. Many pets can be sensitive to the insecticides.
It is important to have your veterinarians’, emergency veterinarians’ and poison control phone numbers readily available on your refrigerator at all times. In the spur of the moment, in an emergency, time is of the essence and there is no time to be searching for important phone numbers.
Just remember to keep all medications and toxins out of the reach of children and pets. It could be a matter of life and death.
Looking for wholesome, natural and homemade treats for your favorite canine best friend, Ledfoot’s Pet Bakery near the Rockford area is happy to meet your needs. Check out the website at http://LEDFOOTSPETBAKERY.COM. You can contact Susan Weitzel at 815 784-6358, [email protected]
For Vet assistance in the Rockford area, you can check out – http://www.rockfordvetclinics.com/, http://bellwoodvets.com/, http://www.petswelcome.com/illinois/rockford/veterinarians.html
In the Rockford, Illinois area or wherever you are, this site is a must have for all animal lovers. We always want to provide the best care, safety and love for our pets and this site is chock full of reviews and imperative information on important products for all pet lovers. An avid animal lover creates this site with your pets in mind. It is advisable to put this site in your favorites or bookmarks and check it out often as this pet blogging site of important information is updated almost daily. Please visit this site at http://loveourpets.eproduct-review.com/ and visit often. Be the most educated pet parent!