The Bon Appétit Management Company (http://bamco.com/) is a nationwide food service company whose philosophy is “Our chefs only cook from scratch using fresh, nutritious ingredients”. They operate 8 accounts in Ohio, mostly in Northeast Ohio. Most of their clients are corporate or institutional such as: Case Western Reserve University, Oberlin College, Otterbein College, State Auto, Abercrombie and Fitch, and Parker (formally Parker Hannifin). The general public can sample their homemade fare though, at the Garden Café in the Cleveland Botanical Garden, the Market Café (http://www.themarketcafeandwinebar.com/) at 1801 East 9th St. in Cleveland, and at two locations within Case Western Reserve University. They are: the Tomlinson Marketplace at 2121 Martin Luther King Blvd., and the BRB (Bio-Medical Research Building) Café at 2109 Adelbert Rd. You can also have Bon Appétit cater your events.
Their philosophy on food as laid out on their website is:
“The Importance of Food
At Bon Appétit Management Company, we recognize the great power and importance of food. Dining rooms are gathering places. Breaking bread together helps to create a sense of community and comfort. We recognize the important role we fill and take great care to honor our position on a corporate or school campus. We show this care in our operations every day by…
- Cooking food from scratch using fresh seasonal ingredients
- Taking our role in the community seriously and making socially responsible purchasing decisions
- Serving great tasting, authentic and nutritious food that exceeds the expectations of our guests including vegetarian, vegan, and international diners
- Providing opportunities for all our employees, including student workers, to develop their potential and abilities
- Recognizing that every client we serve is unique and creating tailored food programs for each one
- Serving a wide variety of menu items at each meal, each day keeping things fresh, fun, and interesting – you won’t find a cycle menu at a Bon Appétit account
- Viewing our operations as onsite restaurants competing with local off campus restaurants – never resting on the idea of a “captive audience”
- Being a leader in our industry by working to create a more sustainable food system
We believe that if we live by these tenets, Bon Appétit will indeed be a very select company and we will reach our dream. We have the conviction that today can be a little better and a little more fulfilling than yesterday. We have the will to achieve excellence through a wealth of dedicated management talent. And… we have the courage to look closely at ourselves, so that we are always striving to improve.
Bon Appétit Management Company… food services for a sustainable future.”
They place the health of the communities that they serve as a prime directive. They insist that their suppliers are held to the highest standards to ensure the highest nutritional quality of the crops that they grow. They have laid out guidelines for their suppliers and producers, called “The circle of responsibility”. This can be found at http://www.circleofresponsibility.com/.
Every time you patronize one of their establishments, know that you are getting food that has been locally sourced, produced using environmentally sound methods, and prepared fresh every day.
For more information, visit their website, or you can call 216-368-4548, to learn more, or to contact their catering services.
Join in the discussion about food service providers who source their food locally at: http://glowbass.com/cleveland/discuss/do-you-support-restaurants-that-source-their-food-locally