Tonight at the 83rd Academy Awards® Show Iain Canning, Emile Sherman and Gareth Unwin (producers) has just won Oscars for Best Picture of the Year for The King’s Speech.
In The King’s Speech, Colin Firth portrays Great Britain’s King George VI before his time on the thrown, dealing with a difficult speech impediment and how with the help of an average man, he finds healing and a friendship to last a lifetime.
- Black Swan: (Producers) Mike Medavoy, Brian Oliver and Scott Franklin
- The Fighter: (Producers) David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman and Mark Wahlberg
- Inception: (Producers) Emma Thomas and Christopher Nolan
- The Kids Are All Right: (Producers) Gary Gilbert, Jeffrey Levy-Hinte and Celine Rattray
- 127Hours: (Producers) Christian Colson, Danny Boyle and John Smithson
- The Social Network: (Producers) Scott Rudin, Dana Brunetti, Michael De Luca and Ceàn Chaffin
- Toy Story 3: (Producer) Darla K. Anderson
- True Grit: (Producers) Scott Rudin, Ethan Coen and Joel Coen
- Winter’s Bone: (Producers) Anne Rosellini and Alix Madigan-Yorkin
See to the left of this article for a slideshow and trailer from the film The King’s Speech.
The Academy Awards® hosted by screen stars Anne Hathaway and James Franco is being telecast around the world from Hollywood’s Kodak Theater.
Check back here for a recap of the entire Academy Awards® ceremony including the winners and the fashion from the night.
Whatever your movie choice this week, please remember your movie theater etiquette: silence your cell phones, no texting, don’t talk during the film and remove your children if they become a distraction to other audience members. Don’t forget that laughing, crying and cheering are always approved behavior and even encouraged.
Enjoy this report? Want to get the THE BUZZ sent directly to you each week? Just click on the “Subscribe” button above. Thank you!
-Kay Shackleton is a film historian with special focus on Silent Film, see her work on SilentHollywood.com