Got Google Juice?
I’m not claiming to be an expert SEO or a whiz at Web Analytics and I really am not a “geek” or a “techie.” I am a public relations professional who reinvented my business and have made some pretty significant strides in the online world. This year alone we’ve been honored with five awards and received trade publicity for our social media marketing tactics. It’s PR 2.0.
But still a lot of folks don’t “get it.” They think Social Media Marketing is just trend. But it’s not. It is a way of life. It is the new economy. It is the way companies are thriving while other companies who aren’t “GOOGLICIOUS” are dying.
Test Your Googlicious Quotient:
- Do you have a Facebook account with at least 1,000 friends in your niche?
- Have you set up a “Like” Page for your brand, book or business and connected it to Twitter?
- Do you tweet at least 5 times a day by adding value?
- Do you use Twitter tools like Tweet Deck or Hoot Suite with your tweets?
- Do you have an updated and full and complete Google profile?
- Have you set up a Youtube video channel that brands you by name and look?
- Have you created at least one video and posted it on your channel with relevant key words to your brand?
- Do you have a Linkedin account with recommendations from others proving you to be all you say you are and key words in your “about me” section?
- Are you part of any groups in Linkedin and post comments with links (live urls) there often?
- Do you blog regularly (at least once a week)? Do you have blogroll on it and RSS feed?
- Do you podcast or are featured on Blogtalk Radio frequently?
- Do you have photos of yourself tagged on your blog or website with your name as the description?
- Have you secured a personal domain of your name at a “dot com?” Have you used NameCheck.com to secure your social media “real estate”?
- Do you have a list of the key words people search for in your industry? Do you use them in blogs and in other content-sharing activities?
- Have you installed Google Analytics to your blog or website? Do you know where your traffic is coming from and where they are going when they land on your site?
- Do you have a FriendFeed account?
- Do you Bookmark items in Digg, Stumbleupon or De.lic.ious?
- Do you have a professional Flickr account for your photos and videos?
- Do you have a Slideshare, Scribd or GoogleDocs account?
- Do you have an email marketing program that posts your emails to your social networks?
- Do you post articles in article directories and/or do your regularly distribute social media releases?
- If an author, do you have an updated bio, your blog and video in your Amazon profile? Do you have an online press kit?
- Are you connecting with your core customer in Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn by delivering “fremiums” to them and growing your email list an average of 10 per week?
- Do you have RSS “chicklets” or “widgets” on your blog or website that gives you backlinks (which is a key SEO rankings)?
- Do you have most of the Google products: Google Reader, Google Friend Connect, Gmail, GoogleTalk,Youtube, Google maps, photos, Feedburner and Google Buzz?
If you have 15 or more “yes” answers, you are on you way to being very Googlicious and having your possible customers, potential clients and media find you. Once they find you – that’s where the “Ka-Ching” happens!
People are searching in Google – can they find you? And once they find you, do you know how to convert that connection into a customer?