The 411 – the essential information – on colorectal cancer can be hard to find in one place. This CRC 411 is a glossary of links to all of the Colorectal Cancer examiner articles that provide introductory information about colorectal cancer, cancer nutrition, and resources for survivors and caregivers.
Basic information pieces were written for the series Colorectal Cancer 101 or Cancer Nutrition 101. Some resource articles were written for the series Colorectal Cancer Resources, but others were published separately when news of the resource was announced. As more articles are created, the links in this article will be updated.
Colorectal Cancer 101
The series Colorectal Cancer 101 contains introductory and reference articles that cover the basics of signs, symptoms, treatments, medical abbreviations, myths about colorectal cancer and more.
- Colorectal Cancer 101: 5 myths about colorectal cancer that can kill you
- Colorectal Cancer 101: What are the signs and symptoms of colorectal cancer?
- Colorectal Cancer 101: Cancer abbreviations, drugs and treatments
Cancer Nutrition 101
The series Cancer Nutrition 101 contains dietary guidelines from organizations like the National Cancer Institute, the American Institute for Cancer Research and major cancer treatment centers. The series also contains suggestions for low residue diets, eating after colorectal surgery, and eating during chemotherapy.
- Cancer Nutrition 101: What should colorectal cancer patients eat?
- Save the family barbeque: AICR grilling tips can reduce colorectal cancer risk
Colorectal Cancer Resources
Articles in the CRC Resources series contain information about clinical trial matching services, free screening information, links to support sites, help for people who must travel for treatments and other information that eases the bumps in the road ahead.
- Free “Colonoscopy for Dummies” available from Salix, Colon Cancer Alliance
- Clinical trial matches personalized by CCA, FightCRC & Emerging Med partnership
- National Healthcare Decisions Day, April 16: Have the conversation!
- Colorectal Cancer Resources: Lodging & transportation for traveling patients
- Colorectal Cancer Resources: Free programs, financial help for cancer patients
Get Pat’s Colorectal Cancer news delivered free to your inbox – click Subscribe!