The DC Universe Online servers were brought down for maintenance today and the MMORPG received a 122MB patch for both the PC and PS3 versions that fixes a few glitches and adjusted the difficulty on some missions.
The servers are back up now but players will obviously have to download and install the patch before they can jump back into their quest to become the next legend.
This is the second patch applied to DC Universe Online in the last week. Sony Online Entertainment has also added new servers to keep up with the growing player population.
Expect more patches in the future as the nature of MMORPGs require constant patching. However, SOE has plans on content update after the game has been out for at least a month.
Here is the full list of items fixed with today’s 1.03 patch.
- Improved Client performance and stability.
- Addressed an issue that caused some PS3 players to hang or disconnect in the tutorial.
- Addressed an issue where other characters may appear to “warp” onscreen.
- The time it takes to get to Character Selection on launch has been reduced.
- Audio should no longer drop after cutscenes if you have your Music volume set to 0.
- The player’s Voice Chat Channel should now be selected according to the following priority, from highest to
- Equipping a new weapon should no longer cause your weapon appearance to disappear.
- Swapping weapons with your weapon style locked should no longer cause the weapon appearance to change.
Player character animations should no longer have the chance of getting stuck when weaponizing objects.
- Adjusted difficulty of content in the Venom Lab to level 7 to better match the surrounding content.
- No Joke quest is now available at level 18 instead of 19.
- A Crook’s Best Friend mission is now available at level 18 instead of 19.
- Something’s Fishy… quest is now available at level 22 instead of 23.
- Road to Hell quest is now available at level 22 instead of 23.
- Fateful Omen quest is now available at level 26 instead of 27.
- Hardcorps quest is now available at level 26 instead of 27.
Pressing the “Accept” button on the Server Selection screen multiple times should no longer result in odd ssues with Character Creation movies and UI.
Source: DCUO Forums