Anxiety occurs when unreasonable fears are felt in an individual.
There are four types of anxiety disorders:
- Generalized anxiety
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Panic disorder
People who are experiencing depression often also experience anxiety as well. You are not alone as many people are experiencing the same as you.
What is the cause?
- Physical changes from illnesses.
- Physical changes from accidents.
- Physical changes from past experiences.
- Something which affects your mental state.
There are programs throughout Toronto that you may attend voluntarily or through referrals. Referrals can be through your Doctor or pharmacist to help guide you along the way.
Symptoms of anxiety:
- Feeling hyper or overactive
- Pacing back and fourth
- Obsessing too much about something
- Too much fear
- Wanting to leave in a hurry while at a restaurant
- Unable to sit still
- Feeling tired
- Having a hard time sleeping or resting
- Going to the bathroom frequently
- Not being able to concentrate properly
- More tension in your muscles
- Feeling irritable
- Worrying excessively
- Feeling very strange or on the edge