Eyeliner is bigger than ever. Luckily, if you want to adopt the trend, you don’t even have to know how to draw a straight line to master it. The sexiest way to line your eyes is with easy-to-apply powder eyeshadow.
The big-eyed effect you get is fresh and far from unnatural looking. If you prefer a more natural look, use brown shades or apply matte black for a more intense effect.
When you create a beautiful eye line, it creates the illusion you have lots of lashes, not like you’re wearing lots of liner.
Follow the steps below to create esfabulous powdered eyelash:
1. To apply your eyeliner, face your mirror with head tilted back, eyes straight ahead. To avoid blinking hold your lid slightly taut by placing your finger on the upper outside corner. Dip a flat, square-tipped eyeshadow brush (not more than 3/8″ wide) into the shadow, tapping off any excess powder.
2. Starting on the upper outside corner of your eyelid, gently press the tip of the brush below the lash line, right at the roots, but not on the moist inner rim of your eyelid. Continue pressing along entire lash line, working from outside corner of the eye all the way to the inside.
3. Skip this step for a natural, daytime look. Avoid wearing brightly colored liners at the office or in other professional settings.
4. If you prefer, user a neutral-colored eye pencil as eyeshadow, blending with your fingertips over a lightly moisturized lid for a softer effect. If you have a hard pencil hold it near a heat source for up to 30 seconds to soften. Try the pencil on the back of your hand before applying to your eyelid to make sure it’s not too hot.
5. If you want a more intense evening effect, line your lower lashes too. Do the same as before, only apply powder just above the lash line. Avoid using a liquid liner unless you’ve had a lot of practice.
6. Curl lashes. Use a pre-heater lash curler for a longer lasting curl. Test the heat of the lash curler before applying it directly to your eye lid to make sure it’s not too hot.
7. Apply a coat of black, brown or other colored mascara. Avoid applying too much mascara so that your eyes don’t look like big blobs. If you wish to apply more than one coat, wait until the first one dries.
8. Use the point of a clean make-up sponge to blot any eyeliner, mascara or eye shadow which has bleed along the edges.
Remember to always go with a thinner line rather than a thicker line for a softer, sultry look. When in doubt have a professional give you a quick lesson and write down a few notes of what they did. Remember, practice makes perfect.
For more hair, beauty or fashion tips be sure to visit HairBoutique.com.