Dr. Oz says, “I’m going to talk about an issue that effects all of us, but its especially hard on women. Aging. The image in the mirror isn’t what it used to be. And every glance is a constant reminder that it’s all going south.”
However, there are things that Dr. Oz says can help with the aging process. He says, “I’m on a mission to uplift your sagging spirtis and your body.”
When hormone levels of estrogen fall, it effects our whole body including our faces, our skin on our neck and arms and our energy level. So what can you do without going under the knife to fight the effects of aging?
1. For the eyes: If you don’t like needles and don’t want to undergo an injection for an instant eye lift to the under eye area, you can also have a pseudoephedrine swirl. This is available over the counter and affordable. Pseudoephedrine combined with GABA gives an instant tightening. Mix a 1/2 teaspoon of retinol based wrinkle cream with one tablet of over the counter pseudoephedrine. Together they constrict your small blood vessels and decrease eye puffiness and swelling.
2. For sagging body parts including breasts and behinds: Resistance training is best to make those areas stronger and tighter. This cannot change sagging skin, but it can change what is under the skin. By buiding muscle, you also reduce the fat that is between the skin and the muscle.
3. Eat fruits and vegetables that are high in antioxidants, which are age defying nutrients that fight aging, make skin look fresher, hair silkier and also help fight cancer and heart disease. Antioxidants can also possibly ward off Alzheimer’s disease. The best fruits and vegetables for anti-aging are brightly colored and the top 5 include:
- Watercress: Contains lutein which is good for eyes. This can also fight cancer and detoxify your liver.
- Apricots: Potassium for cardiovascular health and Beta-Carotene which helps give skin a nice glow
- Cucumbers: The magic is in the skin which contains an antioxidant which helps plump wrinkles and boost collagen production
- Blood Oranges: Have more Vitamin C and has Anthocyanin, which is a great antioxidant
- Eggplant: The skin has Anthocyanin and another antioxidant which protects the fat membranes of our brain cells.
Age proudly from the inside out. Do your best to eat, sleep and exercise well, as this will help fight gravity and increase your overall self-esteem.
If you enjoyed this article and would like email notifications of other posts by this National Mind and Body Examiner, please subscribe above. Thank you!