Gen Con is one of the largest and most prominent annual gaming conventions in North America. It features traditional pen and paper, board, and card style games. The events at this annual convention permit attendees to engage in a variety of tournament and interactive game sessions regardless of their expertise, knowledge or skill level. Here’s everything you need to know to attend Gen Con:
- Badge Pre-Reg Opens – January 23rd
- Pre-Reg Badge Prices – make sure to get your badge early
- Attendee Housing – measures of improvement
- Event Submission – opening day information
- JW Marriott – new and exciting addition to Gen Con
- Press Coverage –now available on the website
Here’s what you need to know to prepare for Badge Registration:
- Make sure your RUBI account is up-to-date. Go to the Gen Con Indy Home Page and under the “Attend” tab, click “Login” and enter your account information. Once there, click “My Account” to check and edit your contact information.
- If you haven’t already created an account, be sure to do so right away!
- Buy a badge at the discounted price when Badge Pre-Registration opens at Noon (Eastern) on Sunday, January 23rd.
- Be sure to choose the shipping option you want before completing your purchase.
- Book your hotel room through the Housing Bureau’s Passkey portal starting at Noon (Eastern) on Tuesday, January 25th (be sure to use the housing code you receive when you purchase your badge).
- Make sure your friends and family members purchase their badges or buy one for them!
Pre-Registration is only available online through RUBI, the Gen Con registration system. Registration information can be found at the Gen Con Indy Home Page under the “Attend” tab. Remember, when Pre-Registration closes on June 18th, ship-to-me options will end and badge prices increase, so make sure you get your badge early!
Here’s a reminder of the discounted badge prices. Be sure to get yours before Pre-Registration closes and the prices change:
- 4-Day Badge – $68
- 1-Day Badge (Thurs-Sat) – $38
- 1-Day Badge (Sun) – available for purchase onsite only
- Trade Day Package – $100
- VIG Package – $500
- VIG Companion Package – $32 (added to a 4-Day or similar badge)
This year Gen Con is pleased to announce three new measures toward improving the attendee housing and travel experience.
- Newly expanded downtown room inventory.The new JW Marriott Indianapolis hotel opening in February 2011 has joined the Gen Con housing block, increasing attendee room inventory by nearly 50%.
- Real-time reservations processing and inventory control.Passkey has added real-time reservations processing to hold a selected room apart from general inventory while the reservation transaction is being completed. The default time-out is set for 10 minutes from the moment a room is selected, so please have your credit card ready so you can complete your transaction in the time allowed.
- Travel Support Center.Last year Gen Con launched the Travel Support Center to help attendees search flights, rental cars and supplemental lodging. This year, the Travel Support Center will be live and operational when attendee registration opens, meaning users can explore travel options between buying a badge and booking a room inside the Gen Con housing block.