This has indeed been a busy week and thank goodness the Super Bowl is this weekend, so there will be time to relax and enjoy gluten-free food, sports and of course the commercials.
Listed below is a recap of the week’s gluten-free events.
- Blue Moon Pizza is offering a deal on their take-and-bake gluten-free pizzas. Their gluten-free crust is medium in size and the offer is for three two-topping take-and-bake pizzas for $29.99 (we are assuming there is an up charge involved). Pizzas come in a regular take out box and on a pan that can go directly into the oven. The gluten-free crust at Blue Moon is my absolute favorite and we love how dedicated they are to preparing them in a cross contamination free environment.
- According to Go Dairy Free, Daiya Foods is launching a pepper jack version of the gluten-free, dairy/casein, nut and soy-free cheese. This is my favorite cheese because it melts and tastes creamy.
- Enjoy Life Foods – to help everyone save some money, most of their products have coupons ON the package to be used in store during the month of February. This Examiner recently served as a taste-tester for a new product that is quite intriguing for them. Can’t wait to see the final product hit store shelves.
- Fuego Mundo just launched a gluten-free menu.
- Gluten-free crab cakes from Handy Crab can be found at local Whole Foods for $7.99 for two. My review of the crab cakes can be found here.
- Jovial is launching a line of organic, gluten free, artisan cookies in three flavors. My review of the GFCO certified cookies can be found here.
- Kroger’s is carrying Gluten Free & Fabulous’ pizzas. We spotted these pizzas over the weekend, but somehow missed the press release announcing the addition to Kroger. The products that will be carried include: Pesto Margherita, Pepperoni and Cheese. All pizzas are made in the company’s gluten-free facilities in Minnesota.
- PF Chang’s is offering a discount on Super Bowl Sunday. All online orders are eligible for a 20% discount when you enter the code “PACKERS” or ‘STEELERS’. PF Chang’s updated their gluten-free menu to add a number of entrees and a dessert. We just had the Street Noodles and really like them.
- Return to Eden has brought in more from the Heaven Mill’s Kosher/gluten free line and the whole line is on sale. New items include: pie crust, hamentashen cookies in two flavors and sugar-free rugelach
- Allergy Free Foods Chicken wings are in stock and make a great dish for your super bowl party as do the chicken nuggets from Applegate Farms
- Safeway has launched three varieties of panko breaded gluten-free seafood: Cod fillets, Honey Spice Shrimp and Shrimp. More information can be found on Gluten Free in Georgia…Finally’s blog.
- Whole Foods is carrying a roasted vegetable pizza with ‘no gluten ingredients’. My review of the pizza can be found here.