Double ‘D’ Gymnastics was created because our bodies are made for motion. Their philosophy is to develop happy, healthy, and responsible kids.(www.ddgeym.com/about.htm)
DD (Double ‘D’) has a large, well trained staff with coaches exceeding 25+. The staff boasts: Years of experience, National level gymnasts, physical education degrees, early childhood degrees, USA gymnastic safety certified, first-aid & CPR trained, and Kinder accreditation. One vital program is Motion Evolution. Much like First Lady’s ‘Let’s Move’ initiative, Motion Evolution was created out of necessity for our ever climbing children’s obesity rate and the chronic inactivity problem that is growing all over the world.
Motion Evolution integrates physical knowledge, nutritional education, brain-body science, and play. It is all about teaching the foundation of movement (tossing, jumping, kicking, inversions, balance, and so on). Motion Evolution is adjustable to all the cast differences in children and can be utilized and home or school.(motionevlution.com) Motion Evolution is a fun way to get children involved with exercise having them move through different stations. It is perfect for all age groups! The purpose is non competitive blend of cardio, core stabilization, strength, flexibility and balance, all working together to form a complete fitness package. There are two general forms of cardio: Long duration (45 mins- 1hr), with low intensity, and fat burning or High duration (20-30 mins.), high intensity interval targeted, and burns lots of calories.
A. Nutritional Education
The Motion Evolution program.
B. Movement: Play and Fun!
Motion Evolution use games to develop a wide range of qualities: spatial awareness, memory, social skills, self control, leadership, field/ground discrimination, and listening skills. (ddgym) They offer classes from 5 years up through 8th grade.
1. A curriculum designed to challenge and encourage children to go beyond what they “think” they can do. Classes are divided by grade and ability.
2. Skill Poster: designed for children to track their progress as they achieve new skills. Great motivation to see your accomplishes displayed and your hurdles overcome.
3. Supervised practice time is for students who want to progress faster.
4. GymFest is for everyone in the family to join and watch your gymnast strut their stuff.
5. Fun Time is a supervised two hours of gymnastics, trampoline, foam pit, running, climbing, swinging and jumping, for grades 1st and up. Great even for a non-gymnast!
Get your children involved. They won’t even know it’s exercise!