Hip hip hooray – Jan. 19 is National Popcorn Day! During the cold winter season, what could be better than watching a fabulous movie in front of a cozy fire with a great bowl of popcorn? And don’t forget – the Super Bowl is coming up!
Whether you prefer gourmet flavors or the traditional, now is the perfect time to sample a wide variety of popcorn recipes. Popcorn is not only fun to eat, it’s fun to make too!
21 Popcorn Recipes Perfect for Any Occasion
- PoppyCock – Check out this recipe.
- Bacon Cheese Popcorn – You’ll need bacon, extra-sharp cheddar cheese, popcorn, vegetable oil and kosher salt for this popcorn recipe.
- Perfect Popcorn – This recipe shows you how to make popcorn from scratch.
- Kettle Corn – This simple recipe calls for raw popcorn, oil and sugar.
- Caramel Popcorn – This caramel popcorn recipe calls for butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, baking soda, vanilla and popcorn.
- 5-Spice Popcorn Recipe – This popcorn recipe is sure to pack a punch. You’ll need Chow Mein noodles, peanuts, peanut oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger, cayenne pepper, sugar and 5-spice powder.
- Chili Popcorn Recipe – This spicy treat calls for chili powder, ground cumin and Dijon mustard.
- Buffalo-Style Hot Popcorn Recipe – If you like it hot, you’ll love this popcorn recipe! You’ll need corn chips, dry roasted peanuts, butter, celery seed and Louisiana style hot sauce.
- Pizza Flavored Popcorn Recipe – Who knew?
- Caramel Popcorn Recipe – Talk about simple! This delicious recipe calls for 3 ingredients – popped popcorn, margarine and honey!
- Nacho Popcorn Recipe – Add some zing to your popcorn with crushed red pepper flakes, ground cumin and parmesan cheese!
- Koolaid Popcorn – The kids will love this fun recipe!
- Brown Sugar Lolli-Pops – The kids will have a ball making and eating these fun treats! You’ll need air-popped popcorn, brown sugar, honey, light margarine, mini-pretzel sticks and a cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Candy Cane Popcorn – This fun recipe calls for miniature marshmallows, spiced gum drops, butter, whole nuts, sugar, light corn syrup and vanilla.
- Cranberry Popcorn Balls Recipe – This popcorn recipe is sure to be a big hit during the holidays! The recipe calls for frozen cranberry-orange relish, cranberry juice, sugar, light corn syrup, vinegar and salt.
- Touchdown Treat – This popcorn recipe is perfect for sports lovers. The recipe calls for cocktail peanuts, raisins, honey, water and lemon juice.
- Chocolate Caramel Nut Popcorn – This recipe calls for semisweet chocolate chips and sliced almonds.
- Caramel Nut Popcorn Clusters – This simple recipe calls for 4 ingredients – popcorn, roasted peanuts, light cream, and caramels.
- Cinnamon-Apple Popcorn Recipe – This sweet treat calls for dried apples, pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and brown sugar. Yum!
- Apple Popcorn Brittle – This recipe calls for apple and cinnamon flavored cereal, cocktail peanuts, apple juice, sugar, corn syrup, vinegar and salt.
- Trail Mix – Add raisins and dried fruit to your popped popcorn for a healthier snack.
Just Plain Popcorn
- CalorieCount – If you’re watching your waistline, no worries. Check out the calorie count in a wide variety of popcorn flavors.
- All About Popcorn – Have you ever wondered what makes popcorn pop? Watch it and see.
- Popcorn Coloring Sheets for Kids
- Popcorn Pong – Play this interactive game of pong online.
Happy National Popcorn Day! Jan. 19 is also World Religion Day.
Are you ready for some football?
- Watch the Best Super Bowl Ads of all time – Top 17 Super Bowl commercials
- Super Bowl Party Recipes – Sandwiches, Appetizers and Dips for Super Bowl Sunday
- Super Simple 2 Ingredient Super Bowl Fudge – The best fudge recipe around!
- Super Bowl Party Cocktails, Drinks & Punch Recipes for Super Bowl Sunday
- Super Bowl Party Desserts & Sweet Treats – Recipes for cookies, bars & cupcakes