St. Valentine’s Day quotes are all the buzz this week as lovers and friends are searching for ways to say “I Love You” for Valentine’s Day.
Homemade Valentine cards, e-cards, short Valentine Tweets and text messages are perfect places to use these romantic quotes. The love holiday is just days away. Are you ready to tell your sweetheart how much you care?
Consider sending homemade cards with sentimental Valentines quotes to loved ones overseas in Iraq, Afghanistan, or somewhere far away. Have the kids make up Valentine’s Day cards for Mom or Dad, and Grandma and Grandpa. Check here for Funny Valentine’s Day quotes for the boss, co-worker, best friend, or just for a laugh!
Valentine’s Day comments can be scribbled on post-it-notes and slipped in the kids’ lunch box, stuck on a bathroom mirror, or attached to the car’s steering wheel where someone special is sure to find it!
Funny Valentine’s Day quotes, sayings, silly jokes and limericks for love
Religious & Spiritual Quotes for Valentine’s Day
- “Love is patient, love is kind, is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take in account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in righteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.” Paul the Apostle, 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8
- “Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.” Jesus
- “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Leviticus 19: 18, God
Sentimental and Romantic Valentine’s Day Quotes
- “Better let my heart be without words, than my words without heart.” John Bunyan
- “Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.” Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread.” Mother Teresa
- “Love is the history of a woman’s life; it is an episode in man’s.” Germaine De Stael
- “Love means never having to say you’re sorry.” Love Story
- “The only gift is a portion of thyself.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A man is not where he lives, but where he loves.” Latin Proverb
- “The best portion of a good man’s life, His little, nameless, unremembered acts, Of kindness and of love.” William Wordsworth
- “Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be.” Robert Browning
- “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” Albert Einstein
- “At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.” Plato
- “True love stories never have endings.” Richard Bach
- “Love is the true means by which the world is enjoyed: our love to others, and others’ love to us.” Thomas Trahern
- “It is best to love wisely, no doubt; but to love foolishly is better than not to be able to love at all.” William Thackeray
- “We find rest in those we love, and we provide a resting place in ourselves for those who love us.” Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- “Tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.” Tennyson
- “I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach.” Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Romantic Valentine’s Day Poems
- The romantic Valentine’s Day poem, “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways…” by Elizabeth Barrett Browning, can be found here.
- Touching and romantic Valentines poems can be found here at the St. Valentine’s Day website. They have an entire collection of sweet, sentimental poems for someone you love.
- Brownie Locks.com, and Family Friend Poems.com, also have a number of Valentines Day Poems, and Love Poems For Valentine’s Day.
Check Out These Related Valentine’s Day Articles
- Funny Valentine’s Day quotes, sayings, silly jokes and limericks for love
- Valentine chocolate desserts: Recipe ideas for cakes, cupcakes, cheesecakes
- Free Valentine’s Day 2011 coloring pages, printables, worksheets kids activities
- Free Valentine’s Day wallpapers, hearts desktop screensavers say I Love You
- Valentine’s Day gift ideas: Free Martha Stewart cookies iPad, iPhone app update
- Last minute Valentine’s Day gift ideas: Chocolates for chocolate lovers
- Shari’s Berries chocolate covered strawberries $19.99 Valentine’s Day sale
Homemade Valentine’s Day Cards in Rhode Island
Crafters in the Providence, Rhode Island area planning to make homemade Valentine’s Day cards, can get everything they need at Joann Fabrics, Michaels Crafts, I-Party, and AC Moore. These craft and party stores are all located on Bald Hill Road in Warwick, RI, and have everything you’re looking for to make your own Valentine’s cards. Staples, Walmart, and Target have good deals on card stock that are perfect for nice for cards.
Buying Valentine’s Day Cards Locally
Don’t feel like making your own Valentine cards? Go to the nearest local Providence area Hallmark store and pick out a really nice Valentine’s Day card. Walgreens, Rite Aid and CVS pharmacies have a huge selection of American Greetings cards to choose from. With so many choices available, you’re sure to find some way to say “I Love You.” If not, find the best card you can, then add one of these Valentine’s Day quotes to the inside. With a hand written Valentines quote inside, your sweetheart won’t even notice you didn’t make your own!
Sources: links2love.com; stvalentines.net; quotegarden.com; americangreetings.com