The recession has not even put a small dent in the spending of nightclub-goers, it seems. With some of the highest foreclosure & unemployment rates in the country, the Las Vegas nightlife scene has really gone and done it now. The yearly Nightclub & Bar Magazine Awards has now had to create an entirely separate category for their awards just for Las Vegas. With Las Vegas Nightclubs pulling 9 out of the top 10 spots of revenue-generating Nightclubs in the US, it’s a wonder that this hadn’t happened from the get go.
With Las Vegas-specific categories like Dayclub and Ongoing promotion of the year, the heavyweights took the awards as should be.
- Dayclub of the year: Liquid Pool Lounge at Aria
- Mega Club of the year: Pure at Caesar’s
- New Club of the year: Haze at Aria
- Nightclub of the year: Tryst at Wynn
- Ongoing Promotion/Party/Event of the year: Vice Sundays at Lavo at Palazzo
- Resident DJ of the year: Kaskade at Encore beach Club
- Single Promotion/Party/Event of the year: Erick Morillo, Laboy Day Weekend at TAO at Venetian
Then we come to the ‘Big Dogs’ and the Revenue-Generating Top 100 with a slew of Sin City favorites. Topping the list was no surprise with XS Nightclub inside Steve Wynn’s Encore Casino & Hotel. With $60-70MM, that’s Million, with a huge M, XS narrowly beat out TAO Nightclub at the Venetian. With all of the controversy recently regarding the arrests of one of the Waits Brothers(managing partners of Tryst & XS) and Paris Hilton outside of Wynn’s resorts, both Tryst & XS are never out of the spotlight. With that kind of revenue helping Encore’s bottom line, they should have no problem staying in the black. Rounding out the Top 5 are Pure at Caesar’s Palace, Haze at Aria and LAX Nightclub at the Luxor, all with $35-45MM in revenue reported. Here are the Top 10:
- XS at Encore, $60-70MM
- TAO at Venetian, $60-70MM
- Pure at Caesar’s, $35-45MM
- Haze at Aria, $35-45MM
- LAX at Luxor, $35-45MM
- Vanity @ Hard Rock, $25-35MM
- LIV – Miami Beach
- The Bank at Bellagio, $25-35MM
- Tryst at Wynn, $25,35MM
- Lavo at Palazzo, $25-35MM
The Top 100 nightclub operators will be recognized during the 2011 Nightclub & Bar Convention and Trade Show in Las Vegas March 7-9, and celebrated during the Top 100 & DJ Spin Off Party at Marquee at the Cosmopolitan on March 9. The Las Vegas Nightlife Examiner will be on hand at both events to provide reports and photos once complete. Come back for more details.