The city of Seattle is a great place to live for the budget meal-minded. We have a plethora of places to procure fresh, varied, healthy, cost-friendly ingredients that is mostly due to our diverse cultural population. Each week I offer my personal meal plan. This plan is only to help spur your imagination and give you a guide from which to work. This plan is dinner only, however many meals can be stretched to breakfast and lunch as leftovers. I try to balance cost as it relates to the city of Seattle and its borders, flavor and health the best I can.
You will find that the last two meals will always be something of the vegetarian variety.
My personal grocery budget falls somewhere between $7-$10 per meal. All the meals suggested should fall into that range wherever you shop nationwide, but the cost here is specifically of relevance to Seattle stores and those on its borders.
If this is your first time reading one of my weekly meal plans, you may want to read a couple of my articles to help you plan and shop.
Meal planning part I : The basics
Meal planning part II: The shopping plan
Look at my other sample meal plans to mix and match yours. You can download my personal meal plan and grocery list template here. You can also find a complete list of links to my own recipes at Index of recipes from the Seattle Budget Meals Examiner.
Meal plan for the week of 1-17-11
Don’t forget the soup course to lower your budget and enhance your health!
- Southwest Chicken Chili (Seattle Cooking Examiner)
- Shrimp Louis salad (Seattle Budget Meals Examiner)
- Eggs Benedict for the budget-challenged (Seattle Budget Meals Examiner) / salad
- Carne Asada (Seattle Budget Meals Examiner) / green salad
- Bacon, Potatoes and Cheese Soup (Seattle Cooking Examiner)
- Fettuccini with roasted ratatouille sauce (Seattle Budget Meals Examiner)
- Five vegetable stir-fry (Laos) (Seattle Cooking Examiner) *Switch out the chicken stock for vegetable stock to make this a meatless meal
Monday Interesting Articles:
Author Michael Pollan connects the dots in the American food system (Seattle Farmers Market Examiner)
Meal plan & grocery list template pdf.
Stocks: Increasing the value of your grocery investment (Seattle Budget Meals Examiner)
Poultry parts: What can you do with them? (Seattle Budget Meals Examiner)
Seattle area markets and services provided (Seattle Budget Meals Examiner)
When grocery delivery is cost effective (Seattle Budget Meals Examiner)
99 Ranch Market Seattle-Edmonds (Asian grocery)
HT Oaktree Market – Seattle
Uwajimaya – Downtown Seattle