Here’s what’s happening around the Metroplex during the week of February 21st:
This Sunday, February 27th from 1-6pm, The Flying Saucer in Addison is throwing a 15th Anniversary Party. The highlight of the event will be a special tapping of 10 very rare beers.
- Brooklyn Monster
- Avery Mephistopheles
- Ommegang Three Philosophers
- Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron
- Dogfish Head Midas Touch
- Moylan’s Moylander Double IPA
- Real Ale Volume XIV (Mysterium Verum Series)
- Sierra Nevada Oak-Aged Bourbon Reserve
Monday, February 21st
- The Ginger Man, Plano – 6pm: Pint night featuring Guinness*.
Tuesday, February 22nd
- Flying Saucer on the Lake, Garland – 5pm: Tap Night featuring one keg of St. Bernardus Tripel.
- The Common Table, Dallas – 5pm: Brewsday Tuesday with selections from Jester King, along with a beer dinner featuring their brews. Price for dinner is $45/person, and reservations can be made by calling 214-880-7414.
- The Ginger Man, Dallas – 6pm: Pint Night featuring Spaten Dunkel*.
- The Ginger Man, Ft. Worth – 6pm: Pint Night featuring Redhook Copperhook*.
Wednesday, February 23rd
- Rahr & Sons Brewing Co., Ft. Worth – 5pm: Weekly tour & tasting ($7/person)**.
- Meddlesome Moth, Dallas – 5pm: Special tapping of Real Ale Volume XIV from the Mysterium Verum Series.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Dallas – Beer and food pairing featuring Rahr & Sons with founder Fritz Rahr. Price is $59.95/person, and reservations can be made by calling 972-250-2244.
- Rugby House, Plano – 6:30pm: Texas on Tap hosts a beer dinner featuring Colorado breweries. Price is $34 all inclusive, and reservations can be made here.
- Flying Saucer, Addison – 7pm: Brewery Night featuring Brooklyn Brewery*.
- Flying Saucer on the Lake, Garland – 7pm: Brewery Night featuring Maredsous*.
- Flying Saucer, Ft. Worth – 7pm: Brewery Night featuring Left Hand Milk Stout*.
Thursday, February 24th
- Flying Saucer, Addison – 5pm: Tap Night featuring one keg of St. Bernardus Tripel.
- The Libertine Bar, Dallas: Pint Night featuring Saint Arnold*.
Friday, February 25th
- Flying Saucer, Ft. Worth – 4pm: Tap night featuring one keg of Dogfish Head Pangaea.
- Snookie’s Bar & Grill on Oak Lawn, Dallas – 6:30pm: Pint Night featuring Rahr & Sons*.
Saturday, February 26th
- Franconia Brewing Co., McKinney – 11am: Weekly tour & tasting ($5/person).
- Rahr & Sons Brewing Co., Ft. Worth – 1pm: Weekly tour & tasting ($7/person)**.
- Flying Saucer, Ft. Worth – 12-6pm: The 2011 Barleywine Experience.
Sunday, February 27th
- Rahr & Sons Brewing Co., Ft. Worth – 1-5pm: Party for a Purpose fundraising event ($15/person).
Examiner pick of the week:
15th Anniversary Party at the Flying Saucer in Addison
* Buy the beer, keep the glass.
** The $7 charge for Rahr’s tour and tasting includes a logo glass, but you can bring a previously purchased glass and $2.50 of your entrance fee will be donated to charity.
Know of an event not listed here? Contact me via email at [email protected], or follow me on twitter.