McGillin’s Olde Ale House, Philadelphia’s oldest continuously operating tavern, will be serving authentic Irish Stout and food and throwing “warm-up” events starting Friday, February 18 and leading up to St. Patrick’s Day on Thursday, March 17.
McGillin’s is now serving authentic O’Hara’s Stout, direct from Ireland, and O’Reilly’s Stout, from Sly Fox in Phoenixville, as well as a tasty theme-drink called the Chocolate Leprechaun.
In addition, Irish foods have been added to the lunch and dinner menus of fresh, homemade comfort foods.
- Bangers & Mash (Irish sausage and mashed potatoes)
- Shepherd’s Pie, Irish Lamb Stew and Corned Beef with Cabbage
McGillin’s St. Patrick’s Day activities include:
- Pub Crawls – On Saturdays, March 5 and 12, McGillin’s will serve green beer and cheer for people on pub crawls who want to stop by. $2 cover on March 12.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade – During Philadelphia’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Sunday, March 12, stop by McGillin’s for a seat by the fire and an Irish Coffee, Hot Chocolate with Butterscotch Liquor, Hot Toddie or other beverages.
- St. Patrick’s Day – The busiest and most fun night of the year at McGillin’s! Don’t miss the tavern’s 151st St. Patty’s celebration on Thursday, March 17.