We’ve all gone through a diet where everything looks good in the beginning, but in a week or two, we end up gaining the weight back. This is usually because we don’t take the right steps to keep it off.
Some people will tell you that discipline is the key, but it’s hardly the case. Relying on this alone is a big no-no, so it’s in your best interest to go another direction.
See it’s only part of the process, but if you don’t make certain changes you will end up going back to those bad habits every single time. Here are 5 ways you can overcome this obstacle:
1) The Water Drinker- How much water do you drink everyday? In most cases it’s not enough, and when the body is thirsty we often mistake it for hungry. So the first place we go is the cabinets or fridge for food. If you trade it in for water it can help cure those cravings.
2) Carbohydrates…Sometimes- You won’t find too many people out there who dislike, pasta, breads, and various other products packed with carbs. Unfortunately many of us eat them at the wrong time. Our bodies don’t even like to tolerate carbs, but if you eat them after a workout it’s definitely the best time.
3) Build a Plan- Without the steps you really have nothing. If you plan out when you eat, how much, and what, it can make a big difference in whether or not you curb your cravings and lose weight.
The next time you turn on the television and see some hot guy or girl, just know they probably eat several meals throughout the day. Even though it’s more times per day, the amount of food can stay the same.
Your best bet is to spread it all out about every 2.5 to 3.5 hours. Once you reach 4 hours without food then the cravings will begin to surface. Instead of hopping in your vehicle and heading to the closest convenient store, buy some healthy snacks for your home whenever you feel a craving coming.
4) Get some Sleep- This is another huge benefit that often goes overlooked. We understand there are a lot of people out there who have hectic lives, but when you don’t sleep enough your body will become hungry. Plus you end up wanting more fat and sugar instead of good foods.
5) Out of Sight, Out of Mind- We’ve all heard this saying before, but when it comes to junk food we can’t stress it enough. If it’s not in the house most people won’t take the time to go out and buy it.
Parents should also consider the kids. If you don’t have junk food in the household then they won’t eat it. Well, except at friend’s houses and school.
When you’re consistent with your strategies you will see positive results. Those who try these tips out for a couple days and then quit will wind up back where they started. Are you really going to let us down?
If you want more free Arlington, VA fitness center weight loss advice, visit the author’s website HERE.