The latest Strikeforce MMA event, Fedor vs. Silva has ended and anyone who played Fantasy MMA knows how their predictions turned out (mmafantasyfever.com).
Here is a look at the results of the Strikeforce MMA card and what those results meant in the realm of Fantasy MMA.
Strikeforce MMA Preliminary Matches (non-fantasy matches)
- MMA Lightweight bout: Josh LaBerge (7-4-0) beat Anthony Leone (8-1-0) by TKO/bleeding/Round 1
- MMA Welterweight bout: Sam Oropeza (4-1-0) beat Don Carlo-Clauss (7-4-0) by tap out/Round 1
- MMA Welterweight bout: Igor Gracie (2-2-0) beat John Salgado (4-4-1) by submission/Round 2
- MMA Lightweight bout: John Cholish (5-1-0) beat Marc Stevens (12-7-0) by submission/Round 2
Strikeforce MMA Main Event Matches
MMA Heavyweight bout: Valentijn Overeem (26-21-0) vs. Ray Sefo (2-1-0)
The match starts and the two MMA fighters trade kicks. Ray Sefo attempts to get aggressive with a couple of blows. Sefo keeps Overeem off balance with more blows. Finally Valentijn Overeem makes his move, takes fown Sefo and then locks in the neck for the submission.
- Winner: Valentijn Overeem beat Ray Sefo by Submission/Round 1.
- My Pick: Ray Sefo (gambled 2 points) – Total: 0/50
MMA Heavyweight bout: Chad Griggs (8-1-0) vs. Gian Villante (7-1-0)
Chad Griggs starts off strong, delivering hard knee blows. Griggs then connects Gian Villante with a blow that stuns him. Villante fights back, driving Griggs into the cage but Griggs fights back with punches. Villante delivers a kick to the head of Griggs but a second attack is blocked. Griggs finally charges, takes down Villante and starts to pound him until the ref calls for the bell.
- Winner: Chad “The Lashley Killer” Griggs beat Gian Villante by TKO/Round 1.
- My Pick: Gian Villante (gambled 10 points) – Total: 0/50
MMA Heavyweight bout: Shane Del Rosario (8-0-0) vs. Lavar Johnson (13-3-0)
Lavar Johnson goes on the attack and delivers a few MMA blows, knocking Del Rosario off balance. Johnson takes down Del Rosario and starts to pound away. Both men are back up and Johnson attacks again. Del Rosario takes Johnson down and goes into the full mount. Del Rosario moves up and locks in the arm bar. That is all she wrote.
- Winner:Shane Del Rosario beat Lavar Johnson by submission/Round 1
- My Pick: Shane Del Rosario (gambled 3 points) – Total: 3/50
MMA Quarterfinal Heavyweight Grand Prix Match: Andrei Arlovski (15-8-0) vs. Sergei Kharitonov (16-4-0)
The two men circle and Andrei Arlovski tries to work in some kicks. The two men are circling, Sergei Kharitonov guarding himself while Arlovski tries to connect. Arlovski finally gets in and hits a blow to the head. That made Kharitonov mad and he starts firing away. Kharitonov backs Arlovski into the cage and delivers some thunderous blows. Arlovski is down and Kharitonov mounts him and delivers three more blows and Arlovski is completely out of it. Kharitonov just knocked Arlovski completely out.
- Winner: Sergei Kharitonov beat Andrei Arlovski by KO/Round 1
- My Pick: Sergei Kharitonov (gambled 15 points) – Total: 18/50
MMA Quarterfinal Heavyweight bout: Fedor Emelianenko (31-1-1) vs. Antonio Silva (15-2-0)
Antonio Silva was extremely impressive in the first round of this MMA bout. Silva continued to pound on Fedor, doing damage. Fedor’s nose is scuffed up but Fedor is able to take down Silva. Silva is at the disadvantage but every time Fedor moved in, Silva kept the advantage. Fedor delivers some short blows, doing little damage. Fedor goes for both the triangle choke and the arm bar but Silva gets out of both. Silva takes Fedor down and the round ends with Silva at the advantage.
Round two starts and Silva charges and takes Fedor down quickly. Silva takes the advantage and works on Fedor, who is on the ground. Silva starts to deliver thunderous blows to Fedor. Fedor keeps trying to roll out of it but Silva is just pounding him. Silva tries a choke and then just beats the crap out of Fedor. Silva locks in the choke and somehow Fedor escapes. Silva is kicking Fedor’s butt. Silva locks in a knee bar with 26 seconds left. Fedor locks up the ankle of Silva to break the hold and the round ends. Silva dominated that round and Fedor’s eye is swollen closed.
The referee stops the fight because Fedor’s eye is swollen closed.
- Winner: Antonio Silva beat Fedor Emelianenko by TKO/Round 2
- My Pick:Fedor Emelianenko (gambled 20 points) – Total: 18/50
Make sure to subscribe by clicking the button at the top of the page to get fantasy sports news when it hits.
- Make sure to follow me on Facebook
- Make sure to follow me on Twitter
- Make sure to follow me on Digg
Catch all the fantasy sports news on the glowbass.com Fantasy Sports FaceBook page. “Like” the page and get notices whenever news is published from Sports Examiners from all over the country