Just knowing that sugar can be toxic to your health and wellness is enough to live a sugar free lifestyle.
Did you know that almost every product you buy in the grocery store is loaded with sugar? (Unless you buy organic)
Sugar is not a natural product unless its raw sugar cane. The kind we eat is white, refined and full of empty calories. Only to cause chronic fatigue, bloating and gas.
Start today to read your food labels. You’ll find loads of sugar in your cereals, soups, energy bars, fat free foods and sports drinks just to name a few. Check your yogurt you will be surprised. Some of them as much as 17 grams of sugar. Wow! Some diet.
Five steps to get it out of your diet
- Get rid of the sugar that you add to your coffee. Get rid of the refined sugar powdered sugar and brown sugar in your cupboards.
- Shop for wholesome unprocessed foods like fresh veggies, hummus, fruits and nuts. Add them to your cereal and start your day on the right foot.
- Get rid of all the processed white stuff- breads, pastas and rice, which are converted into sugar.
- Watch out for “fat-free” food labels. Some of those products have sometimes more fat then ‘regular’ products.
- No artificial sweeteners. They have been linked to cancer.
Let’s work on ways to get it out of your diet. Sugar is additive that is why you can crave it.
Sugar is refined many times between the time it is pressed from cane sugar and the time it reaches the kitchen. It gives us a pleasure rush of endorphins when we eat it, which behaves the same as many drugs.
Your comments are appreciated. Subscribe above for more from the Tampa Wellness Examiner