The Sundance Film Festival is underway. Actors, directors, producers, rock stars — and the paparazzi who stalk them — have descended on tiny Park City, transforming the quiet ski village into a Mecca for independent filmmakers looking for their big break.
Two of the most common sights in town are volunteers in Kenneth Cole festival jackets and celebrities carrying huge bags of swag. Ben Affleck, who co-starred in one of last year’s big-buzz films, “The Company Men,” told MTV last year that the festival is all about “snow, movies, and giveaway lounges.” He said his entire wardrobe for the entire 11 days was giveaway chic.
This year, we’re hosting our own Sundance giveaway lounge, courtesy of Kenneth Cole. And you don’t have to be a celebrity to participate.
We’re giving away an official Sundance Film Festival volunteer jacket designed by Kenneth Cole and autographed by Ben Affleck!
All you have to do to enter the drawing is send us an email before midnight on Thursday (January 27). We’ll draw the name of one winner on Friday (January 28). If you’re the lucky winner, we’ll send you an email to confirm your mailing address and put your jacket in the mail. Only one (1) entry per person is allowed.
Send your email to: [email protected] You must put “SUNDANCE CONTEST” in the subject line and provide your first and last name.
That’s all there is to it!
(See the full contest rules below.)
Kenneth Cole, who has been on the Sundance Institute’s Board of Directors since 2003, has designed and donated jackets for the festival’s 1600 volunteers for seven years. This year they get a blue down-filled vest, which for the first time is available in a limited retail edition (at Kenneth Cole stores and Kennethcole.com), to benefit the Sundance Institute.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. GENERAL. This “SUNDANCE CONTEST” (the “Sweepstakes”) is a sweepstakes where eligible participants who are users of glowbass.com will have the chance to win an official Sundance Film Festival jacket signed by Ben Affleck as described in more detail below. The foregoing is a general description only of the Sweepstakes and is qualified in its entirety by these Official Rules. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Liz Barrett, Celebrity News Examiner (“Sponsor”), and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or approved by glowbass.com, Clarity Digital Group, LLC, its parent company, Clarity Media Group, Inc. or any of their respective subsidiaries and affiliates.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is only open to entrants who, as of the entry date, are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, (the “Territory”) and who are at least eighteen (18) years old. The Sweepstakes is void outside the Territory; and where prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, are intended for viewing only within the Territory, and entrants must be present in the Territory at the time they enter.
3. TIMING. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m . PACIFIC TIME on January 21, 2011 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PACIFIC TIME on January 27, 2011 (the “Entry Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER. Send an email with “SUNDANCE CONTEST” in the subject heading to [email protected] The body of the email must contain your full name. LIMIT: One (1) entry per eligible entrant. All entries must be received by Sponsor during the Entry Period. All entries will be deemed to have been made by the individual named in the body of the email message, rather than the authorized account holder of the email address from which the email message was sent. Submitting mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
5. DRAWING; ODDS; NOTIFICATION. On or about Friday, January 28, 2011,Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential prize winner from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor during the Entry Period. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor. Entrants must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. A potential winner will be notified by email sent to the same email address used to enter the Sweepstakes. If the potential winner does not respond to the email within seven (7) days of the first attempt to contact him/her, or if the potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor in his/her place at random from among all remaining eligible non-winning entries.
6. PRIZES. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, one (1) prize will be awarded in the Sweepstakes. The prize consists of and is limited to one (1) official Sundance Film festival volunteer jacket designed by Kenneth Cole and signed by Ben Affleck. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the jacket itself is $98. The value of the jacket with Ben Affleck’s signature would have to be determined at auction. LIMIT: One (1) prize per person or email address. No substitution may be made, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, international and local taxes and assessments. All costs and expenses not expressly specified herein, related to a prize or the use thereof are the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, city, state, and any biography, photographs, video, or other information submitted by the winner in the winner’s entry email for the Sweepstakes or subsequently provided to Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, on any websites on which content provided by Sponsor is featured, on any other websites or print publications or other media in any format owned or controlled by glowbass.com or its related entities, and in any manner or media in which content from such websites or other media may be distributed, reproduced or displayed, worldwide, in perpetuity, and without payment, consideration or consent or notification to or by the winner.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and winners, and the awarding of prizes, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole direction, to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to award the prize at random from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. RELEASE. By entering, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor, glowbass.com, Clarity Digital Group, LLC, its parent company, Clarity Media Group, Inc., any of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, prize suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, and shareholders (collectively, the “Sponsor Parties”) from and against all losses, claims, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses (collectively, “Losses”) arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Sweepstakes and entrant’s award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any Losses caused or alleged to be CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE of any Sponsor Parties. The foregoing release includes, without limitation, any and all LIABILITY, BODILY INJURY, DEATH, LOSS OR DAMAGE to entrant or any third party arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s use of or participation in any prize. Each entrant further COVENANTS NOT TO SUE any of the Sponsor Parties with respect to any matter addressed by this release.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor Parties are not responsible for: (a) incorrect transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, incomplete, misdirected entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in the Sweepstakes; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from Sponsor’s website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s website by a hypertext link.
11. MISCELLANEOUS. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved exclusively in a federal or state court located in San Francisco, California Entrant submits to personal jurisdiction of said courts for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions. The sponsor of the Sweepstakes and the email address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is [email protected] These Official Rules are available at http://glowbass.com/celebrity-news-in-national/liz-barrett. To request a list of winners, send an email to [email protected] with “Winner’s List” in the subject heading.