Super Bowl MVP Aaron Rodgers appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman on Monday night.
Aaron Rodgers, who helped lead the sixth seed Green Bay Packers to the Super Bowl Championship, played off his role as a team leader in the interview.
“I do have to be one of the leaders,” Rodgers told Letterman, “but I think it takes multiple leaders to have a locker room that functions properly… I’m more of a leader by example.”
Aaron Rodgers threw for 304 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions.
Click here to watch the Aaron Rodgers post-Super Bowl interview with David Letterman.
Here are some highlights of the Aaron Rodgers interview with David Letterman:
- Aaron Rodgers said the team ran about 40 of the 60 plays they planned for the game.
- Sometimes players will ask Aaron Rodgers if they are supposed to run left or right on a specific play.
- Aaron Rodgers mentions that Charles Woodson is more of a leader with his speaking role in the locker room.
David Letterman then presented a replica WWE World Championship professional wrestling spinner belt to Aaron Rodgers after the interview.
In an interview with ESPN, former WWE World Champion Ric Flair said he called the WWE and asked them to send some replica belts to the Green Bay Packers. Packers assistant coach Kevin Greene once wrestled alongside Ric Flair in WCW, a professional wrestling promotion that was hugely successful in the 90s.
The Green Bay Packers also pulled out a replica WWE belt during their awards presentations on the field after the Super Bowl ended.
Make sure to subscribe by clicking the button at the top of the page to get fantasy sports news when it hits.
- Make sure to follow me on Facebook
- Make sure to follow me on Twitter
- Make sure to follow me on Digg
Catch all the fantasy sports news on the glowbass.com Fantasy Sports FaceBook page. “Like” the page and get notices whenever news is published from Sports Examiners from all over the country