Teenager dies after her first kiss
Here in San Francisco we are used to hearing about people dying because of incidents related to hate.
We are not so used to hearing about people dying because of love.
But now in San Francisco we are learning from the British news source, The Telegraph about a girl who died from her first kiss.
According to Britain’s The Telegraph a teenager in the UK died on her boyfriend’s sofa just moments after he gave her a kiss. It was the first kiss she had ever received.
It seems, according to the Telegraph, that she died from the excitement of it.
The girl, Jemma Benjamin, aged just 18 passed away because of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS).
SADS is a heart condition but it is extremely rare.
“I’ve never heard of it,” says San Francisco resident, Amy Jackson. “What a terrible thing to have happened.”
The couple had been friends but they had gone to the boy’s apartment in Treforest, Pontypridd, South Wales to pick up his credit card there. Daniel Ross, aged 21, kissed Jemma and with that she slumped on his couch and her eyes started drooping. When she started frothing at the mouth, Daniel Ross called her mother to ask if Jemma suffered from epilepsy.
According to the Telegraph, Ross said: “It was not a sexual relationship but we saw each other a couple of times a week.
“We were going to go to a bar for some food and went back to my house for a credit card which I had forgotten.
“We were talking and ended up kissing in the hallway by the front door.
Ross testified at a recent inquest and said that, on instructions from 999 (the equivalent in the UK of 911 here in San Francisco and the US) he gave her CPR. But Jemma Benjamin died.
“She was the picture of health one minute, and taken from me the next,” her mom Charlotte Garwood stated to the Telegraph.
“I am not able to put into words how much I miss her.”
San Francisco residents can follow top news stories on local KTVU Channel 2 News.
Follow Sheila on Twitter (@JBieberCares)