Now is a great time for some spring cleaning of your cosmetics drawer. Trying new make-up and skincare can be daunting, so utilize these events. Not only will retailers have staff set aside to help with the specific brands and products mentioned, but there may be brand experts or artists available, too. Whether you’re new to naturals or just trying to see what’s new for the season, these events will educate you- and often offer great savings or free treats!
- March 5-31: Carol’s Daughter retailers are introducing their new Frappé Body Lotions. These lotions are great for people wanting a lightweight, quickly absorbing formula. It is made with natural ingredients like Rice Bran Oil. In store only, you can save 10%, 20% or 30% depending on how many products you buy. This special also applies to their other moisturizers including body butter and shea soufflé. There is a Carol’s Daughter located in the Fashion Center at Pentagon City.
- March 23: Ulta stores will be having a Tarte event. Their very popular Park Ave Princess Bronzer will be on sale for about 50% off and they will also be giving away samples of the Deluxe Recreate Primer. Ulta also has an exclusive set of 3 LipSurgence stains that will be available. The closest Ulta to Arlington is located in Fairfax at Fair City Mall, and there is also one in Springfield, VA. (Tarte will also have events at local Ulta’s on April 1st, but the Park Ave Princess Bronzer special will only be on the 27th of March.)
- March 24-31: Carol’s Daughter stores are offering members 20% off their entire purchase. Membership costs $25 and members are usually entitled to 10% off.
- March 26: Beauty 360 stores will be featuring Vincent Longo’s make-up. If you are not familiar with his line, it is worth checking out. Beauty 360 offers several prestige make-up brands at 25 exclusive locations nationwide. Luckily, one of these locations is near Arlington in Washington, DC. Consultants will be helping clients design and shape their perfect brow, but this is also a good time to try the Water Canvas Foundation. Longo’s Water Canvas Foundation is over 75% natural, being made mostly of his proprietary ingredient, MicrowaterTM, a 100% natural botanical seaweed polymer. If you’d like to make an appointment, you can call 202-331-1725.
- March 27: Ulta stores will be showcasing the new Nature’s Paradise Beauty Palette by Pür Minerals. This palette features new spring colors for eyes and cheeks and includes a make-up brush. Shoppers will receive a free mascara with any Pür Minerals Purchase. (There will be a second Pür Minerals event on March 31.)
- April 2: bareMinerals new skincare line and new color collections (‘Faux and Foxy’ and ‘Golden and Gorgeous’) are here! Go to a local Ulta to learn about new products and recieve a deluxe sample of their 100% Natural Lip Gloss in Cupcake with any $25 purchase. (First bareMinerals event will be March 29.)
- April 9: There will be a trend show for the Clarisonic at Nordstrom in Tyson’s Corner Center located in McLean, VA. The Clarisonic gently oscillates to get your skin cleaner than ever before. The Clarisonic can be used with your favorite natural cleanser (try the Soy Face Cleanser by Fresh) and skincare products to maximize their effects. Their Gentle Hydro Cleanser contains Vitamin E, hydrating Algae and Aloe Vera gel and Japanese Green Tea to protect the skin. For oily or acne prone skin, they also have a paraben free Refreshing Gel Cleanser which uses Willowbark and Bearberry to keep skin clear of blemishes and help even out your skin tone.
Please enjoy, and if you attend an event, feel free to share what you bought or learned in the comments below!