Are you ready to make this Valentine’s Day the steamiest one ever? Check out the 7 must HAVES to make this year’s Valentine’s Day the hottest on record!
1. Since roses are the symbol of romance and passion – start your day by giving your partner a rose(s) on Valentine’s Day. You can give them a single long-stemmed rose (which I happen to think is very sexy) or a dozen long-stemmed roses – the number doesn’t really matter.
And when you live in New York City, there’s no shortage of flower shops at which to find the perfect bouquet for your sweetheart! NYC’s Kampo Floral Design makes it easy to shop online, but it’s so much more romantic to visit their west 14th Street boutique in person, and hand-select the most exquisite roses for this special day.
2. Write your own personal Valentine’s Day card or poem. It doesn’t have to be of epic style or proportion – just something heartfelt and sincere that says “I Love You” in your own unique way. Anyone can stop by the Park Avenue South Hallmark Gold Crown shop to purchase a card on the way home from work – but a handwritten, homemade Valentine’s Day card is sure to set Cupid’s arrow flying in your direction!
3. Leave a romantic voice message and/or text message for your lover so they get it first thing in the morning – while at work or at home. Who doesn’t love a love message to start their day? You could even use this as an opportunity to introduce a little surprise for later in the day, such as a romantic dinner for two at the sophisticated Top of the Tower restaurant located 26 stories above Manhattan.
4. Give your partner an aphrodisiac food like chocolate – in whatever their favorite form of chocolate is; i.e., chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered raisins, etc. Or maybe you might want to make an outline of a heart with you and your lover’s initials inside it using m&m’s. Be creative and have fun. If you want to go all-out, pay a visit to the Godiva Chocolatier on Park Avenue for luxurious delectables to make your Valentine’s heart melt into euphoria.
BTW – Chocolate contains both a sedative and stimulant. The sedative has a relaxing effect on you and lowers your inhibition; the stimulant increases your activity level and enhances your desire for physical contact. Due to its effect on your libido, chocolate was actually banned from some monasteries centuries ago! So for all you chocolate lover’s out there – I say, bring out the chocolate!
5. Ladies, splash on that perfume. Perfumes are made of natural ingredients such as almond, vanilla and other spices and herbs which are known to act like pheromone – this is a hormone which plays a vital role in communicating our emotions by smell (remember, we are, after all, only mammals). The Sephora shop on Broadway offers a fine selection of fragrances and other delights to stimulate the senses.
6. Drink a glass of champagne – it is the drink of lovers! In moderation, champagne is known to lower one’s inhibitions and produces a feeling of warmth throughout the body. If this doesn’t set the tone for you, I don’t know what will. Oh, if you are not into champagne or any alcohol for that matter, try some nice hot chocolate with marshmallows. There aren’t many things more romantic than sipping some warm hot chocolate by the fireplace with your lovers. Bring in on baby and toast to this day made for lovers!
7. Draw a “fake” temporary tattoo of a heart with your lover’s initials inside it on your body using lipstick, eyeliner or a washable magic marker. Watch your lover’s eyes light up with surprise and wonder when they first notice!
Use any or all of these 7 easy suggestions to stoke the flames of passion on Valentine’s Day and 2011 will be your hottest year yet for love and romance!