You will read a lot about weight loss, tools to support weight loss, and the emotional threads connected to food in upcoming articles. All of these work to build health and fitness in your life.
- Obviously good food can be your best medicine.
- However throughout New Mexico where poverty and low wages are commonplace thousands of families experience food insecurity.
- This means that even working people often find it hard to afford food. Food stamps help, yet seldom fill the gap.
- Seniors often have low incomes which barely meet their daily needs.
Malnutrition affects many aspects of health and productivity. Children have a harder time learning. Adults have a harder time focusing at work.
- Health problems may become chronic.
- Health care costs increase.
- Obesity also increases due to choosing inexpensive foods, or junk foods.
- The stress incurred also supports fat development, emotional eating, and more fat producing effects.
- These can be lifelong issues for NM citizens.
One NM woman, concerned about the hungry in NM decided she wanted to do something.
- In her business she has people pay her with a check written out to the Food Depot. They provide the stamp and she mails it to the Food Depot.
- Her goal is to provide 1000 meals a month. She often often exceeds that goal.
- She hopes that the tax deduction and experience encourages those people to repeat their giving to the Food Depot which administers many of Northern New Mexico’s non-profit food programs.
- $1=4 meals.
- This woman announced that she has just completed 26 months of meeting her goal. 26,000 meals.
If you are struggling with food issues, and if you feel that you do not have enough in any area of your life, perhaps donating something to the Food Depot (any amount) would divert your stress.
- KSFR Radio, a public non-profit radio station in White Rock/ Santa Fe NM set up a program with a local bank to do just that. KSFR always needs donations. The bank agreed to match 5% of what KSFR raised in a recent one day fund drive.
- The Food Depot received over $1000. There’s $4000 meals.
If your giving reduces your stress, you may produce fewer new fat cells.
- If your giving makes you feel good, you may smile which also reduces stress.
- You may breathe easier, read yesterday’s article to see why this is important.
- You may find that you don’t have to reach for the extra cookie, etc.
- By feeling the gratitude in your life you may begin losing weight. No guilt here, focus on joy and love.
- Please share this article with family and friends.
Hope fully these tips will help you commit and continue your success with your New Year’s Resolutions. Your loving dedication can change your life. If you choose to make donations as well, you will share that determination and ease the stress in your community as well. Thanks!