The dark match prior to WWE “Elimination Chamber” saw Daniel Bryan defeating Ted DiBiase. Bryan picked up the submission victory, when DiBiase tapped out to the LeBell Lock.
In a fantastic opening match, Alberto Del Rio got the best of Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston in a non-title match. This gives Del Rio a ton of momentum going into WrestleMania 27.
Edge speaks briefly backstage about the “SmackDown” Elimination Chamber match, and he is aware that no champion in the last five years has walked in with the belt and emerged victorious. He then says he has won that match before, and knows what to expect and what has to be done. Drew McIntyre showed up and blamed Edge for Kelly Kelly recently being fired. Edge looked at him and said Kelly Kelly and the World Heavyweight Title have one thing in common – neither one would be seen with McIntyre.
The “SmackDown” Elimination Chamber match is up next, as World Heavyweight Champion Edge defends the gold against Rey Mysterio, Kane, Drew McIntyre, Wade Barrett, and Big Show. SmackDown GM Teddy Long came out and said since Dolph Ziggler was fired on SmackDown this week, he would be replaced by Big Show. Edge and Mysterio started the match. Both Mysterio and Barrett ended up going through separate chamber cells at the hands of McIntyre during the match. Here is the order of entry and elimination.
- Wade Barrett was the first entry.
- Kane was the second entry.
- Drew McIntyre comes in third.
- The final entry was Big Show.
- Big Show eliminates Wade Barrett after a knockout punch.
- Kane eliminates Big Show after a chokeslam.
- Kane eliminates Drew McIntyre after a chokeslam.
- Edge elminates Kane after a spear.
- Edge defeats Rey Mysterio with a spear, as Mysterio was coming off the top rope. Edge wins the Elimination Chamber.
Following the Chamber match, Alberto Del Rio hit the ring and attacked Edge. He locked the World Heavyweight Champion in a cross-arm breaker, but Christian made his return and made the save.
Once everything settled down, Booker T stood in the ring and introduced the newest announced trainer for the upcoming TOUGH ENOUGH series. It is none other than Trish Stratus! She said aside from the announcement, she was in attendance to watch her good friend Jerry Lawler take the WWE Title from The Miz.
Up next were the WWE Tag Team Titles on the line, as Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov defend the belts against CORRE members Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel. It was back and forth match, but it was Justin Gabriel hitting the devastating 450 Splash on Kozlov to get the win and bring the WWE Tag Team Titles to THE CORRE.
Vickie Guerrero came out next, to a huge chorus of booing from the capacity crowd. She came out to plead everybody to convince SmackDown GM Teddy Long to give Dolph Ziggler a second chance and rehire him. Long said that he was in a hiring mood, and introduced Kelly Kelly back to the WWE. She hit the ring and took down Vickie, but was quickly brought down by LayCool. However before Michelle McCool or Layla could do any major damage, Trish Stratus the ring and made the save.
The semi-main event features a WWE Hall of Fame legend, as Jerry “The King” Lawler faced The Miz in hopes of walking away from the Elmination Chamber pay per view as WWE Champion. Lawler went on the attack early, getting several quick nearfalls on Miz. Alex Riley made his presence felt, although it would backfire. After his third interference, the referee caught him and ejected him. Michael Cole then started mouthing at Lawler, who proceeded to launch Miz into the loudmouth announcer. From there, Lawler went on the attack. But the offense would be shortlived, as Miz would come back to hit his signature Skullcrushing Finale maneuver to retain the WWE Championship.
The main event at Elimination Chamber is just that – it’s the Raw side of the Chamber match. The winner will headline WrestleMania in a match for the WWE Championship. John Morrison and Sheamus start the match. Below are the entries and eliminations:
- The first addition to the Elimination Chamber match is Randy Orton.
- CM Punk was the next one out. He got stuck in the chamber door as it was opening, and Orton took advantage and attacked him.
- Randy Orton elminated CM Punk seconds later with an RKO
- The Raw GM chimed in and said due to a malfunction in the door, CM Punk would be reinstated into the match.
- John Cena is the next entry into the Elimination Chamber match.
- R-Truth is the next entry, leaving CM Punk to re-enter the match.
- Sheamus eliminates R-Truth via pinfall.
- CM Punk re-enters the match as the final entry.
- CM Punk eliminates Randy Orton after a GTS
- John Morrison eliminates Sheamus after a Flash Kick from the TOP of the Elimination Chamber.
- CM Punk eliminates John Morrison with a GTS
- John Cena eliminates CM Punk with an Attitude Adjustment, dropping him on the steel grating. Cena picks up the win and punches his ticket to WrestleMania.
This now sets up the two main championship matches for WWE. And those matches will take place on the next WWE pay per view event, WrestleMania 27, on April 3 in Atlanta.
Alberto Del Rio will challenge Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship, and John Cena will face off with The Miz for the WWE Chamipionship. After the comments from The Rock on last week’s Raw, one would wonder if Rock will somehow involve himself into that match given what he said about both Cena and Miz.