WWE RAW is inching us along tonight on the road to Wrestlemania with more feuding between Randy Orton and C.M. Punk’s Nexus, Jerry “The King” Lawler talking trash with WWE Champion The Miz but the big draw for tonight’s show is who Vince McMahon will reveal as the big name guest host for Wrestlemania 27. The Pro Wrestling Examiner is fairly certain which former WWE Champion will take on the guest hosting duties for many, if ya smell what I am cooking. You can read about that big name star right here.
- Beyond that announcement, tonight’s RAW will rachet up the hype-o-meter for the upcoming Elimination Chamber Pay Per View with WWE Champion The Miz defending his title against beloved legend, Jerry “The King” Lawler. Look for Lawler to get laid out by Miz and Co. with ever-annoying Michael Cole cheerleading the whole time. Lalwer is a 60 year old man, WWE is making his run at Miz look real with him as the fighting underdog veteran but they have remind people the Miz is ruthless.
- Also the 6 superstars in the Elimination CHamber match which will grant the winner the all important WWE Championship match at Wrestlemania will be highlighted on RAW. Could we get some more highlights from John Morrison please?
- On the undercard side of things, Diva Champion Eve is confirmed to defend the ‘Butterfly Belt’ against former champ Natalya live on USA Network tonight. Eve won the strap in controversial fashion, so this title match has some interest built in. Much kudos to Natalya, Eve, and LayCool for giving the usually underwheliming Diva division a boost with their Four Way Divas Championship Match at the Royal Rumble. Could former TNA Knockout Champion and recent WWE recruit Amazing Kong make her big debut out of nowhere tonight when she charges into the ring? This Examiner is actually surprised , we got a good Diva match to look forward to on RAW.
- Look for WWE to poke fun at R-Truth’s goof-up from last week’s mess-up in Milwaukee when he yelled on the mic “whats up Green Bay?!”. The creative team will likely write some humor for him in a backsatge segment or an in-ring promo. If no that, we will get Michael Cole bringing up it like a jerk.
- The not-so-mysterious anymore 2-21-11 hype video will return for the third week on RAW tonight. Last week’s clip featuring a musical sting of Johnny Cash’s ‘Ain’t No Grave’, which clearly alludes to these video being related to the return of Undertaker. Many diehard fans want STING to be the central character in that creepy house, but it looks like it’s the Deadman, which is not bad right? What do you think? Post your thoughts in the comment box below.
Note to readers please check back here later this week for the latest updates and analysis of WWE Royal Rumble. We also have a profile series called “Wrestling Stars Who should be in the WWE Hall of Fame” featuring great legends who have not received the call for the prestigious honors. And of course the most interesting news and notes out of TNA Wrestling and beyond. You can subscribe for instant e-mail updates to Pro Wrestling Examiner right here
GET UPDATES WITH WRESTLING NEWS & VIEWS ON FACEBOOK WITH THE PRO WRESTLING EXAMINER GROUP
- Follow me on Twitter: @KevKellam
- Download my comedy podcast, Joking Off on iTunes. It’s funnier than your uncle who thinks he is funny. listen here
- Help the Pro Wrestling Examiner out by sharing this article online. Use the easy share link below.
- Looking to get in contact with me with press release and news e-mail: [email protected]
- Check out my personal favorite Examiner, Meredeth Gerber as she writes the latest news and views about Video Games
POST A COMMENT BELOW ABOUT THIS STORY. I love to interact with everyone who reads the articles, so sound off with your thoughts below in the comment box.